No Bake S'mores Bars
I have been wanting to make these s'mores bars for a while now and I finally got the time to get all the ingredients together and dive into it.
Real quick funny story: I was so excited to go live and make these with my fit fam, once I was on the live video it seemed to be going well until someone knocked at the door.
Sheesh, who in the heck comes over without notice. I don't know about you but I'm not a fan of people randomly showing up on my doorstep. I have no desire to purchase magazines, peanuts or chocolate bars, more importantly, when you knock on the door, my dogs go berserk.
So there I am on live video and the dogs are going crazy, barking non stop, then they start a full on brawl (they have been fighting so much lately, but I'll say that for another blog post).
Finally the barking slows down, and this fool KNOCKS AGAIN. Sheesh, I was about to loose my mind on live video. more barking! more dog brawl!
now I spill something, then I knocked something onto the floor, needless to say.....that video was a disaster!
I digress, back to the recipe.
Wait, one more thing...these are Healthy, yep full of nutrition and no sugar and guess what? I brought them to work and everyone wanted another one and another one.....he he he.
Filling those boys chalk full of super foods and they don't even know it! Bye Bye junk food.
2 whole wheat graham crackers (1 cracker sheet each) broken into large pieces
1 large ripe banana mashed
½ cup all-natural almond butter
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
4 scoops Chocolate Shakeology divided use
¾ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
2 to 3 drops marshmallow flavor (optional)
3 Tbsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil melted
1. Place graham crackers in food processor (or blender); process continuously until crackers are crushed into fine crumbs. Set aside.
2. Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with plastic wrap (or aluminum foil). Evenly sprinkle ⅓ of graham cracker crumbs in bottom of pan. Set aside.
3.Combine banana, almond butter, cocoa powder, 2 scoops Chocolate Shakeology, and ⅓ of graham cracker crumbs in a medium bowl; mix well with clean hands or a rubber spatula.
4. Press chocolate mixture into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and press down to flatten into pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
5. Place cheese, Vanilla Shakeology, and marshmallow flavor in food processor (or blender); process until smooth and well blended.
6. Evenly spread cheese mixture over chocolate mixture. Set aside.
7. Combine remaining 2 scoops Chocolate Shakeology and oil in a small bowl; mix until smooth.
8. Evenly spread Chocolate Shakeology mixture over cheese mixture.
9. Sprinkle top with remaining ⅓ of graham cracker crumbs.
10. Lightly press graham cracker crumbs into top. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until set.
11. Cut into twelve bars (approx. 2½ x 2-inches).
Oh, and don't lose your mind looking for marshmallow flavoring either like I did. (FYI, every grocery store DOES'T HAVE IT)
I bought mine here: